Reaching the Heart of the Home
Ministering Through Housing
See sample video and article about this series thanks to Common Steps.
The practical guide to developing a housing ministry in your local church or community!
Reaching the Heart of the Home – Ministering Through Housing is designed to show churches how to assist families in reducing housing expenses.
This book and the accompanying video is the second package in a series of step-by-step materials developed to show churches how to meet the practical needs of single parents or anyone else in need. The first package, More Thank Baby-Sitting – Ministering Through Child Care, shows churches how to develop simple-to-formal child care programs.
The “steps” provided in this manual progress from simple fix-it ministries to long-term transitional housing ministries.
With this system you will learn how to
- Assess needs correctly
- Organize a “fix-it” ministry to help maintain homes
- Provide “home-ed” classes on maintaining or purchasing a home
- Offer benevolent help to reduce housing expenses
- Organize a “home sharing” ministry that matches single parent families with elderly people or other single parent families
- Start an independent living, long-term, transitional housing ministry with apartments for each family
- Start a group home, long-term, transitional housing ministry